Monday, February 23, 2015

Surprise!

Imagine my surprise when I returned to work after a sick day and 2 snow-days to find a precious little party waiting for me!


It appears that while I was out my best buddies had been making big plans.  They planned the colors, the presents and the menu. We dined on babies in a blanket, baby carrots, fruit, powdered donuts, pink lemonade and curly noodles.  

Each child presented me with their favorite book when they were babies. 


They signed their names on special book plates that will ensure I remember each one.



It was so sweet to find out what their favorite books were and to now have them to read to Hattie.


We used this opportunity to practice the manners we have been learning at preschool.


We placed our napkins in our laps...


remembered to eat first, talk second...

and passed the cheese around the table, serving each other first. 

Each day I find myself more and more smitten with this fantastic group of children!
I also am SO thankful for the big people in their lives who helped them surprise me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment