Saturday, July 18, 2015

A REAL Water Feature

My desire to have a safe, child friendly water feature on our playground began 4 years ago when I visited Marbles with our family.  We found this little running water table in a court yard there.  She was fascinated, as was I.  Nate and I studied it and thought about it and he agreed to help me make one.

We considered many options and ended up making one with a cattle feed trough.  



It was perfect for a little while.  They loved it.  But we could never get it to flow like the one at Marbles, and it was difficult to keep the water clean.

Which lead us to this.
I am so tickled to say that after all these years of wishing and hoping, we are getting the real thing!  Thanks to a group of Sunshine Moms, families and friends, our first ever Consign and Shine event was a big success.  All the proceeds from the consignment sale benefited playground improvements.  We earned enough money to freshen up our wood chips and buy this amazing piece of equipment.  If all goes well, we will have it by the beginning of the school year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment