Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ready, Set, Snow!

Today was the big day, it was finally time for our snowball fight!   We had ready about a snowball fight in The Snowy Day, and wanted to have our own...
 First, each child got a piece of paper with a number written on it.
 Next, crumpled up our numbers and waited very patiently for the magic words, "Ready, Set, Snow"!


Here is a video of what happened...
I must say that I did give out some serious instructions on how to stay safe during an indoor snowball fight. I was also very nervous about the distance that was required for me to video the event, but it turned out to be fine.  Having done this before with kindergarteners, I know that it can get wild, but my preschoolers did an amazing job.  They helped each other find a snowball, if they didn't have one, they waited and listened for instructions. We were super impressed with their "big kid" behavior.

Once everyone had a snowball, we opened them, and named our numeral.

We shared them with our friends.

 This was a super fun way to practice numeral identification, turn taking, and listening and following directions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment