Sunday, October 2, 2011

"B" is for Bubble Wrap!

On Friday, the 3s class explored the letter "B". I couldn't think of anything more inviting to share with them than "b"ubble wrap. The goal for the bubble wrap was for us to paint with it...


And that is exactly what we did-after a little time of exploration- of course!
I placed the wrap on the floor and let them have at it! They popped the "B"ig Bubbles with their fingers, one at at time, at first... Then they figured out how to do lots at one time, and some even tried with their feet. The boys and girls did a great job sharing and working together. I don't even think they knew that I was putting them through a rigorous fine motor work-out! Shhh don't tell them :)

Once we had used up all the bubbles, it was time to paint. I captured this precious moment of these 2 little boys working together to put the paint smock on. The best part was that I didn't even ask for his help, he just noticed his friend needing assistance, and jumped right in.

Here we are painting the bubble wrap with blue paint. I have seen this done many ways, but found that this worked best for these 3s, so early in the year.


Next, the children pressed their "B"s onto the paint.

Finally, we lifted the papers to see what kind of print we had made! This process from popping to painting, was very memorable for the children. I don't think they will forget our day with bubble wrap anytime soon! Now the Bs have been cut out and are ready to become part of our growing alphabet collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment